July 24, 2021: Showflat preview registration opens now. Limited time slots available daily due to social distancing and contact tracing requirements. Please register and schedule your viewing appointments here.
July 24, 2021: Indicative prices for The Watergardens at Canberra released. Request for FULL PRICE LIST here.
January 1, 2021: Announcement of Canberra Drive Parcel B project name - "The Watergardens at Canberra".
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has closed tenders for two neighbouring residential sites at Canberra Drive (Parcels A and B) under the Government Land Sales (GLS) programme on March 3, 2020. The tender for the Canberra Drive Parcel B was awarded to United Venture Development (2020) Pte. Ltd., a joint venture between UOL and Kheng Leong.
UOL will develop The Watergardens at Canberra on the larger Parcel B with an area of 27,566 sq m and a GFA of 38,593 sq m. The luxurious condominium The Watergardens at Canberra will yield about 455 units, with a maximum building height of 35 to 50 metres or five storeys, whichever is lower.
The Watergardens at Canberra is well connected to Sembawang Road and Seletar Expressway (SLE), and are within walking distance from the recently opened Canberra MRT station on the North South Line. Nearby amenities include Sembawang Shopping Centre and Sun Plaza, while Sembawang Primary School is also in the vicinity.
Close to nature and rich in heritage, The Watergardens at Canberra within Sembawang Town, is an exceptional place to call home. In the coming years, new housing developments will bring life and vibrancy, while fresh facilities and spaces that meet the needs and aspirations of the community will add to Sembawang’s appeal.
As a growing town, Sembawang will be developed with more amenities, transport infrastructure and housing for its residents. The Watergardens at Canberra home owners can look forward to more heartland amenities as new areas in the south and the east of Sembawang will be developed progressively to serve current and future residents.
The Watergardens at Canberra residents can look forward to:
• The opening up of new housing areas along Canberra Link
• A new Primary School at Sembawang Drive will welcome its first batch of students in 2014
• A nursing home, Singapore Christian Home, at Sembawang Crescent will serve the needs of our elderly residents
• A foreign system school will be developed at Jalan Ulu Sembawang
• A new neighbourhood centre will serve the needs of residents at Canberra Link
With a variety of park and recreational spaces to choose from, The Watergardens at Canberra residents have many leisure options in Sembawang. With a growing cycling culture, new initiatives will enhance cycling connections and facilities within Sembawang for a better and safer cycling experience.
New facilities and developments that The Watergardens at Canberra can enjoy include:
• The revamped Sembawang Park, which now includes an adventure playground, barbeque pits and a pentaque court
• Additional neighbourhood parks to build on the green character of Sembawang
• A vibrant one-stop community hub set in a green space off Sembawang Road that will provide residents with sports and community amenities
• An expanded cycling network for Sembawang Neighbourhood 1 and new park connectors, which form part of the Round Island Route, to connect residents to other parts of Singapore
With the following enhancements to road infrastructure and public transport services, The watergardens at Canberra residents can look forward to faster and more convenient travel, including:
• The possible addition of a new MRT station on the NorthSouth Line between Sembawang and Yishun
• The future North-South Expressway, which will reduce the travelling time to and from the city
• The new road, Yishun Avenue 8, which will connect to Seletar West Link and provide an alternative route to the Central, Tampines and Seletar Expressways
• The new road network at Sembawang Neighbourhood 1, which will serve new developments in the area